Surprisingly Magician-Focused Shoot-’em-Up
東方古木地 ～ Rampant Crescent Flora
(Eastern Ancient Tree Grounds)
In the Forest of Magic, Marisa finds her house completely overgrown and impossible to get into, so she heads for the heart of the forest, where the thicket is at its thickest...
The residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion are dealing with their own humidity-induced problems, and with the chief maid’s space-time abilities needed at home base, Patchouli is sent to investigate.
Meanwhile, the Hakurei Shrine is too far isolated to be affected, but Reimu is still debating whether or not to let curiosity get the better of her.
What could have been:
- Choose between three playable characters: Marisa, Reimu and Patchouli, each with two shot types.
- A story for which Marisa steals Reimu’s main character spotlight. She even gets the homing shot type this time around!
- Uncomplicated gameplay with no special mechanics — just dodge bullets and collect items!
- One of the first Touhou fangames (if not the first) to feature a native 1280x960 resolution with hi-res graphics.
- The whole game made entirely by a single person.
It does not seek to infringe on the copyrights of Team Shanghai Alice and merely borrows characters and settings to tell a new story.
Touhou Project ©1995-2022 Team Shanghai Alice.
Rampant Crescent Flora ©2013 Retrograde Road (formerly Team Gaijin Alex).